Temporärt Sales and Exhibitions Manager (Maternity Cover)
Beskrivning av jobbet
Job Description – Sales and Exhibition Manager
We are seeking an experienced and passionate candidate to temporarily cover the role of Sales and Exhibitions Manager. This is a full-time role for a fixed term of 10 months, starting mid-May 2020.
We are seeking a candidate with experience in contemporary art sales and exhibition management or curation to work directly with the artist founders and report to the Chief Operating Officer (COO). The successful applicant will be an individual with a strong business mind while also having an understanding and enthusiasm for the creative processes that direct an artist studio. They will be a fast-learner with initiative, able to quickly step in to a fast paced and ambitious small team.
This is a central role responsible for developing and delivering new artistic opportunities in-line with the studios’ ambitions and values, managing sales enquiries from start to end and being the main point of contact and representation at the studio. The Sales and Exhibitions Manager has high level of coordination and communication both internally and externally with collectors, representative galleries, commissioners, curators, press among others.
● Manage artwork sales in their entirety from enquiry, through to invoicing and delivery.
● Act as the main point of contact and represent the studio in negotiations with galleries, curators, press and institutions.
● Develop and execute strategies to grow international knowledge and visibility of Humans since 1982, increasing admiration among the international art and design worlds.
● Project manage forthcoming exhibitions, commissions, and seek out appropriate new opportunities for the future.
● Oversee the studio communications strategy including the website and social media platforms.
● Work closely with the ClockClock 24 Sales Representative to ensure the parallel growth of sales and reputation for this project.
About Humans since 1982
Humans since 1982 is an artist studio established in 2009 by Bastian Bischoff (b. 1982, Germany) and Per Emanuelsson (b. 1982, Sweden). Their diverse practice has evolved over the past ten years to operate at the intersection of contemporary art, design and technology and defies easy categorisation.
Based in Stockholm, Humans since 1982 are exhibited worldwide at leading galleries, fairs and institutions including Saatchi Gallery, Art Wuzhen, Somerset House, Art Miami and Cooper-Hewitt. Humans since 1982’s artworks are featured in public and private collections of some of the world’s most influential art collectors. Their 2018 commission A million Times at Changi in Singapore Airport is one of the largest kinetic sculptures in the world.
The growing interdisciplinary team of 11 comprises international specialists with expertise in design, programming, curation and engineering who collaborate to take projects from concept to realisation. In 2020 activities will include a major solo exhibition in Korea, the launch of a new site-specific public commission in California alongside group exhibitions and the launch of new artistic projects.
For more information about the artist studio Humans since1982 please see our websites and instagram account.
www.humanssince1982.com / www.clockclock.com / Instagram: humanssince1982
Full Role Description – Main Duties and Responsibilities:
● Provide constructive curatorial advice to the artist founders in the development of new projects.
● Apply insight and understanding of the contemporary art and design market’s mechanisms in favour of the studio.
● Utilise established networks to grow and enhance the visibility of the studio and make connections on the studios’ behalf.
● Apply the ability to write clearly and compellingly about contemporary art to originate artist and artwork texts.
● Maintain relationships with clients by email, phone and in-person to answer any questions and complete artwork sales.
● Project manage newly commissioned artworks including: budgets, timelines, progress reports and meetings, until delivery.
● Delivering sales agreements and Invoices to clients and ensuring payments are received on schedule.
● Ensure all sales material is up to date and used to the best effect.
● Developing and using tools for tracking and evaluation of sales performance (both direct and via galleries/third parties), and report this sales performance to COO.
● Work closely with the Sales Representative for ClockClock 24 to ensure their sales are delivered in line with the sales strategy and values for the studio.
● Coordinating and working with the production and logistics team to ensure sold artworks delivered as per the sales agreement.
● Maintaining positive collector relations and satisfaction after-sales, including working closely with studios support team.
● Manage databases for sales enquiries and completed sales.
● Manage all partnership relationships including collecting data and feedback for evaluation.
● Negotiating directly and maintaining good communication with representative galleries on all matters including client enquiries, sales, inclusion in art fairs, consignment agreements and their overall activation plans for the studio.
● Responsibility for ensuring all sales channels that represent the studio do so as per studio values and quality standards.
● Collect, reply to and analyse potential partner enquiries.
● Managing opportunities for the studio in markets through new partnerships eg. Arts consultants, interior designers, galleries.
● Lead on contract negotiations with new and current partners. Ensure existing contracts and kept up to date and adhered to.
● Work closely with the Sales Representative for ClockClock 24 to ensure their partnerships and collaborations are in line with the strategy and values for the studio.
● Negotiating with institution representatives on exhibition terms including fees, artworks, loan agreements and marketing.
● Strategically identifying and securing new exhibition opportunities.
● Where applicable representing the studio at exhibitions.
● Working with the production and logistics team to ensure artworks for exhibitions are delivered, and returned to the studio in the same condition, paying close attention to the management of budgets and resources.
● Manage the calendar of upcoming projects, in particular, works being made or loaned and that all commitments can be met.
● Maintaining physical and digital archives of exhibition documentation, press and mailouts.
● Exhibition budget management for any on or off-site activity.
● Project managing any exhibitions, events or activities on or off+site
Press and marketing
● Responsible for all studio marketing tools and activities.
● Lead on releases of new projects, develop and execute strategies to get new artistic projects published.
● Respond to press enquiries and advise on which opportunities to proceed with based on studio values.
● Managing any press visits to the studio.
● Provide press and marketing materials for journalists including updating written content about the studio.
● Lead the social media strategy and execution across all platforms
● Originate content for the Humans since 1982 website, including artworks pages and monthly updates to exhibitions.
● Represent the studio nationally and internationally including conducting studio visits, receiving studio guests, and representing the studio at external events and activities as appropriate.
● As the studio works internationally in multiple time zones, this role may require some work outside of core office hours as appropriate and reasonable, as well as the potential for some international travel to accommodate delivery of the responsibilities of the role.
● Other duties as reasonably required.
Person Specification: Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
Essential Knowledge and Experience:
● Several years of professional experience of international artwork sales above 10k EUR in galleries, exhibitions or related activities AND/OR a bachelor’s degree in an arts or business-related subject.
● A strong interest in contemporary art (interdisciplinary or technology desirable) including awareness of a broad range of artists, galleries and contemporary art spaces both in Sweden and internationally.
● Ability to work collaboratively as part of a small team.
● Good understanding of the requirements of commercial and non-commercial galleries
● Understanding of contracts including: Sales, exhibition and consignment agreements
● Some experience of working with websites, online content and social media platforms.
Other Meriting Knowledge and Experience:
● Entrepreneurial background, and/or experience working in a changing environment in a small fast-growing company. Essential Skills
● Self-starter and go-getter with a make-it-happen attitude, confident to make decisions and create new opportunities.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills, fluent in English.
● Fast learner with a business mind, negotiation skills, and analytic approach.
● Openness and adaptability to a dynamic “start-up style” office culture.
● Good time management and organizational skills with the ability to work well under deadlines and without supervision
● Ability and initiative to identify required actions and effectively act upon them.
● An understanding and enthusiasm for the creative processes that direct the artist studio.
● Good interpersonal skills. Able to initiate and establish effective partnerships and professional relationships with a wide variety of people and businesses with awareness of cultural differences internationally.
● Trustworthy and reliable, including the ability to conduct business with a high level of professionalism, handling confidential and sensitive information with the utmost respect.
● Appropriate and effective use of a wide range of communication techniques and virtual platforms used within the company.
Other Meriting Skills:
● Project Management skills.
● International art world experience.
● Experience in artist development.
● Eligible to travel visa-free to as many countries as possible
● Additional language skills, preferably Swedish
● Willingness for co-learning and knowledge sharing.
Summary of Terms
● Full-time employment (fixed term) for 10 months. Starting Mid May 2020.
● Place of work: Stockholm, Sweden, but could also require occasional traveling.
● Company language: English
● Salary: TBA in person
Hur man ansökerPlease send a CV and cover letter written in English (500 words max.) in one document ( PDF format) to: email@example.com
450 totalt antal visningar, 2 idag